Alcohol addiction is a devastating medical condition characterized by an inability to control alcohol use despite adverse social, occupational, or health consequences. If you or someone you love is looking for a Tennessee alcohol rehab in Murfreesboro, Tulip Hill Recovery is available to help. Our alcohol rehab in Murfreesboro provides clients with a comprehensive and individualized alcohol addiction treatment program designed to treat the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual implications of alcohol addiction simultaneously.
At Tulip Hill Recovery, we understand how difficult it can be to deal with an alcohol use disorder. Because alcohol is the most widely used chemical substance in the country, even problematic use can be successfully denied for years. However, because alcohol addiction is a chronic condition, the longer it is left untreated, the more severe the associated symptoms will become.
If you are ready to reclaim your life and overcome alcohol addiction, contact our alcohol rehab in Tennessee today. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you begin your journey towards a better life.
Tennessee Alcohol Abuse Statistics
Rates of excessive drinking in Tennessee are slightly below the national average. However, alcohol addiction is still a major issue throughout the state. In fact, nearly 1 out of every 6 adults in Tennessee drinks excessively.
The following Tennessee alcohol abuse statistics, reported by the National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics, confirm that heavy drinking is a major public health threat throughout the state:
- 15.7% of adults in Tennessee report binge drinking at least once a month.
- An average of 3,359 deaths that occur in Tennessee every year are linked to excessive alcohol use.
- In Tennessee, an estimated 88,357 years of potential life is lost annually to excessive alcohol consumption.
Fortunately, there are many effective treatment options available to Tennessee residents struggling with alcohol misuse and dependence. Our Tennessee alcohol rehab in Murfreesboro provides clients with an effective program for alcohol addiction recovery. Contact us directly to learn more.
What Is Considered Alcohol Addiction?
Alcohol addiction is defined as continuing to drink alcohol despite harmful consequences. Additionally, alcohol addiction can be mild, moderate, or severe. Over time, excessive drinking causes changes in brain chemistry and can lead to physical dependence. Thus, the more a person drinks and the more often they drink, the more likely they are to develop an addiction to alcohol. Because alcohol addiction is progressive, even a mild alcohol use disorder can become severe over time.
Not everyone who drinks alcohol will develop an addiction. Certain risk factors can make addiction more likely in some than others, such as combining alcohol with drugs like opioids, underlying mental health concerns, and genetic predisposition.
Risk Factors of Alcohol Addiction
Certain risk factors increase the chances of developing an alcohol addiction. Regardless of the reason behind the development of an alcohol use disorder, seeking treatment from a Tennessee alcohol rehab in Murfreesboro is a good idea. Our alcohol rehab in Tennessee takes all risk factors into careful consideration, treating the root cause of alcohol dependence while preparing clients for long-term success in sobriety.
Common risk factors of alcohol addiction include:
- Family history of alcohol or drug addiction
- Drinking during childhood or adolescence
- Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
- Co-occurring mental health condition
- Traumatic life events
- History of physical, sexual, or emotional abuse
- Having friends who drink alcohol
- Cultural views that drinking excessively is acceptable
Signs & Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, or the DSM-V, outlines a list of diagnostic criteria for alcohol use disorder. Depending on the number of criteria present, an AUD is considered mild, moderate, or severe. Regardless of how many signs of alcoholism a person has, entering a Tennessee alcohol rehab in Murfreesboro is recommended.
Alcohol use disorder symptoms include:
- Using more alcohol than intended for longer than intended.
- Attempting to cut back on the amount of alcohol consumed with little to no success.
- Avoiding activities that were previously enjoyed.
- Spending a disproportionate amount of time drinking alcohol and recovering from the effects of alcohol (i.e., hangovers).
- Engaging in risk-taking behaviors because of alcohol use, like driving while intoxicated or combining alcohol with other chemical substances.
- Neglecting personal obligations and responsibilities.
- Suffering from problems in interpersonal relationships.
- Experiencing consequences directly related to alcohol, which could be legal or financial.
- Continuing to drink despite professional advice to quit or cut back.
- Developing a physical tolerance over time.
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when alcohol use is stopped suddenly.
Treatment Options for Alcohol Addiction
Alcoholism is treated according to an individualized plan of action. The best treatment options vary based on the unique needs and preferences of each client. However, many alcohol addiction treatment programs contain similar elements.
Elements of a successful alcohol recovery plan at a Tennessee Alcohol Rehab in Murfreesboro might include:
- Therapy teaches healthy coping skills and addresses the root causes of alcohol dependence.
- Peer support provides a sense of community and belonging.
- Holistic approaches, such as yoga, mindfulness, and exercise, help connect the mind and the body and provide comprehensive healing.
- Relapse prevention teaches clients to manage drinking triggers and deal with cravings throughout their recovery.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines behavioral therapy and FDA-approved medications to manage withdrawal symptoms.
- Dual diagnosis treatment helps clients manage underlying mental health symptoms, often at the root of alcohol addiction.
- Sober living programs allow clients the opportunity to practice recovery in everyday life while holding them accountable for their sobriety.
- Step-down levels of care, often from inpatient to outpatient services, help clients gradually overcome their addiction.
It is important to remember that alcohol use disorder is a chronic and relapsing health condition. Therefore, Tennessee alcohol rehab in Murfreesboro is really only the first step on what will be a lifelong journey of alcohol addiction recovery.
Find Recovery at Our Tennessee Alcohol Rehab in Murfreesboro Today
Finding an alcohol rehab center might seem overwhelming at first. However, the search can be narrowed down significantly. Tulip Hill Recovery is here to help with dual diagnosis, substance abuse, and mental health disorders. We also provide treatment for veterans. Our family-run alcohol rehab offers flexible outpatient programs to reduce long-term treatment costs while maintaining a high level of support.
Contact us today to learn more about alcohol rehab in Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, and Clarksville, Tennessee.